Tuesday 29 January 2013

When is a Snowflake not a snowflake....


 Morning ladies..

Well I've finally started on the design team over at Crafters Companion and what a ride!!, I have not stopped crafting for the last 10 days....FANTASTIC..

 One of the launches we have been designing for this week is the Darice Embossing Folders, which are just amazing. With 33 beautiful designs to choose from, you won't be disappointed, they are all fabulous!!

 Each folder comes with some Co-ordinations paper and a square of sand paper, they think of everything so you can get started crafting straight away, Genius!!

Here's my Contribution to their Facebook page/blog Crafters Companion UK

I used the Darice 'Snowflakes' embossing folder run through my Grand Calibur with some deep red Core'dinations paper. and then sanded it back to reveil the pale pink core colour , the corners were done in the same way with some light green co-ordinations paper.




I've added some
 bronze coloured pearl embellishments to the centre of each snowflake to add interest


The butterflies and swirls were cut from  metal dies there are plenty on the market at the moment. I've enhanced the butterflies with some tiny Orange gem stones from my crafty stash


The flower was made by running some light green and  peach Coredinations paper through the grand Calibur , (you can use whatever machine you use for embossing) and then sanding back to reveal the core colour inside and then cutting out into separate sections to build up the flower.

 I added some coloured pearls to the stamens and the centre is a disregarded ear-ring found in a bag of mixed broken jewellery at a boot sale last year.

If you would like to see more of the Core'dinations  paper why not pop over to the Crafters Companion website and check out the huge range .


Here's another card to show how versatile the embossing folder is...

Have to confess, I like this one best, as the colours are so pretty , one for next Christmas me thinks

hope you like it too.


Tracey Anne xx













2 comments:

  1. Fabulous creations Tracey, love them

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards don't know what one I like best.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read all feedback and totally appreciate you taking to the time to leave comments , Thank you xx