Saturday 27 July 2013

Time away...

Hi folks

hope you have all been keeping well , I've had some time out from blogging what with family, pets and life in general, we (hubby and I ) have just celebrated our 23rd wedding Anniversary and to treat oursleves we had a sneaky weeks holiday down to  the Devon coast at the last minute,we had a caravan down at Dawlish Warren , a beautiful part of the countryside only 1 mile from the beach and myself and Paul and Ruby of course, (couldn't leave my fur -baby behind) had a well earn rest from life in the smog!!

Stourhead stately home



we set off at 10.30am that morning not expecting it would take us 10 hours to get to our campsite. Should had done it in 5 but we were delayed by heavy traffic and so diverted to a pub for lunch at 12 noon and then a lovely stop off at the National Trust's Stourhead House and gardens for a few more hours at 3pm to escape the heat  inside the car which had gone into the 30's and the traffic on the A303 which had slowed to a crawl. Finally arriving at 8pm that night. The week flew by so quickly but I think we had a good time sadly one minute we were there and next minute we were back home again .

The lakes and grounds at Stourhead














Anyway I haven't had any time to post anything lately, but I'm back from my hols now and so its nose to the Cuttlebug and time to get back to work (if you can call this work!!)

Christmas is just 5 paychecks away and so I'm told its time to start thinking about the guy in the red coat and the things he likes to share with us, like presents and decorated trees and of course SNOW!!



 Now I love Christmas as much as the next person but its a little hard to imagine winter outside when the temperature is over 30 degrees in the shade and its not the snow that's melting on the path but more like the tarmac on the pavements!!

 Anyway here are a few Mulberry wood cards I put together before we packed our case and headed down to the English Riviera for the best of the weather. 


 My Christmas range of cards has already been quite popular at a summer bar-b-Que and half a box of 40 cards were sold to friends and friends of friends there. Who would of thought 'big hairy bikers' would like Mulberry wood cards!!  lol


 Crafter's Companion have also kept me busy with some launches going ahead in Germany last week too and they have something really special lined up for you all in Create and craft next week, so keep a crafty eyes out for that . (Will be posting my usual sneaky peeks soon, ).  I also have my country shows looming on the horizon, starting next weekend with  lingfield steam fair, in Surrey, so have been beavering away making cards for those .


Thanks for popping by xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read all feedback and totally appreciate you taking to the time to leave comments , Thank you xx