Wednesday 5 February 2014

Love is in the air ....Thanks to Tonic dies..




Love is in the air with valentines day less than 2 weeks away and so its time to get out those lovey-dovey shaped dies out  and get down to some serious crafting...



Tonic Studio have the wonderful Verso range , one of my favorites is thats quite new to the collection is called 'Indulgence Affections' and feature lots of hearts and swirls so todays cards are made with them and a few other bits I had in my crafty stash. I think if I was told I could only ever have one companies dies to play with and had to chose among the many wonderful dies on the market at the moment, I would go for Tonic Studio every time. They cut clean and well and release easily and have a beautiful range of designs to chose from .


Card 1- Anniversary
 I used some brown pastel Centura Pearl cardstock for the  A5 card blank, I use this a lot in my crafting as it is 300gsm and nice and study for the job as well as been top quality card to work with

This card has been made with the 'Indulgence Affections insert die 'someone special'  and a Hunkydory topper from the luxury card kit 'Festive Decadence', (yes OK its a Christmas topper but I won't tell if you don't!!) The backing card has been made with some lush red card stock and  another Tonic die this time its the 'Tres Belle tag square' die, I have had a jiggle with it and found if you find the repeat in the pattern you can extend the die-cut to even longer and looks fab when mounted onto a lighter card or paper  I used some cream paper I had!!

I finished this card with a 'Happy Anniversary' peel off Sentiment mounted onto 2 Spellbinders banner die cuts
and a romantic red satin bow on the top


Card 2 - Wedding 
This second card is made with a 6 x 6 card blank, I used the Tres Belle tag square' die again but didn't extend it this time, I cut it from some beautiful Centura Pearl Snow white card stock and mounted onto some pastel pink Centura Card stock.

The heart was cut with some silver mirror card and my Tonic Studio Affections insert die 'be mine' as (you might notice I only used the outer heart for this one) I have added an embossed strip across the middle of the card this was made with a Spellbinders Elite M-bossibilities folder and Centura Pearl Card stock again and I've added some soft pink lace.

 The wedding bells were made from a 2" embossing folder I have had since Noah set sail, (I think it may be an old cuttlebug one) and some more silver mirror card . I finished it off with some white paper flowers in the corner. a Spellbinders sentiment banner and 2 Silver foil butterflies which are peel off stickers stuck onto some acetate scraps!!
                                                                                                                                                                  
Here's my last card and this one of course has to be for the 14th of Febuary and Valentines day

Card 3 - Valentines
A very simple but to the point 6 x 6 card for the love of my life ( I hope Ruby appreciates it!!, only jesting of course it will be for my lovey hubby who supports me and my crafty habit!)

Made from gold mirror board and some red card stock I have used the Verso Christmas  (Nurse!! shes at it again !!!! Bringing up Christmas in February) Decorative Holly rings die and some old Hunky dory toppers, I had in a drawer from 2010.

No bows this time as its a card for a guy, just a gold candie in each corner to finish.

Hope you like my creations and thanks for popping by xx

I would like to enter these cards for the following challenges...
kraftygirlzchallenges - #11 Anything goes
Crafty ribbons Challenge #75 - Ribbon (wedding Card)
Creativeknockouts -Be mine Challenge #23
Cutecardthursday Challenge 307 Lots of love
Inthepinkchallenge.Challenge #37 A little pink love
craftingbydesigns challenge Anything goes in Feburary
Lothian Crafts Online Challenge - Use your Dies

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful cards Tracey , love your designs.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful creations full of love, thank you for joining us at the In The Pink challenge,
    Hugs Kate xx
    GDT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards - I especially like the second one! And they all fit the theme of 'Love'!. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Lothian Crafts.
    Pamela
    DT member for Lothian Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Striking collection of cards! Thanks for joining the Crafty Girls Challenge, hope to see you again soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow wonderful cards, thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY RIBBONS X Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Lothian Crafts Online and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards... obviously the pink one has to be my favourite!

    Thanks for sharing at In The Pink this time... hope to welcome you back again soon!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read all feedback and totally appreciate you taking to the time to leave comments , Thank you xx