Tuesday 5 November 2013

Sweet Treats for Christmas......

Its cold outside , its not that warm inside either , not up here in the loft!!! yes , I'm back up in the loft doing all my craftiness again. Our 'first born' asked to return to the bosom of his family and reap the benefits of cheap board and lodgings so he can save for a deposit on his own flat one day... So bye bye craft room , Hello Son and Cat!!!

Still I have made it homely in the rafters again, we have spent the last week carting it all up the ladder and into drawers and storage boxes , There's a small heater up that which blows a warm breeze around my ankles as I work at my table  and so I've been creating again.  Today it was with the fabulous Crafters Companion Sweet Treat Embossing boards , These boards can fit inside your Crafters Companion ultimate pro case or can be used independently from them also, hope you like what I have  made with CC's boards, papers  and dies ....




My first project is this gift box in the shape of the large milk carton
it was made with Dark Marve Centura Pearl card and some elements cut from a hobbycraft Christmas papers book , the large label at the top was cut using the Die sire Grace Frame Die and the poinsettia was a spellbinders die , all tied up nicely with a hand tied red and gold satin ribbon...

I think its quite lush and plan to fill it with biscuits or chocs , someones in for a nice surprise this Christmas......












 One of the best features of the sweet treats embossing boards is the ability to create a  birdhouse from the boards , I have adapted mine and created a dog kennel for the adorable Barkley dog , this will be filled with  dog biscuits for my little ruby as her Christmas treat.. Everything you need to make the house is on the embossing boards even a template for the roof tiles !!! How cute is this.. the bottom of the box opens so once Ruby has done munching on the biscuits the box can still be used as a Christmas decoration on the side or refilled to give away again , Seriously you wouldn't put something this cool in the bin, would you??


 






















I would like to enter these projects in the following challenges....
Twisted Tuesday Challenges - #61 Anything goes
Bearly Mine Challenge -#111 Anything goes
Craft-Dee Bowz Challenge CDB07 - Anything goes with a bow





1 comment:

  1. Love this adorable dog house!!! Perfect for Barkley!! Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {personal blog - Art and Soul Creations}

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read all feedback and totally appreciate you taking to the time to leave comments , Thank you xx