Wednesday 26 September 2012

Harrys Day out and Flutterbye Hedgehog

This card is dedicated to a fat ginger tom called Harry that shares a flat with my daughter who is normally is a house cat and doesn't get out much..

You will need
'In the garden' Penny black Stamp Set
cream 7x5'' blank card
black, cream and white card
ribbon
paper flowers

If you are a cat lover or know one, you are going to love this penny black set of stamps. The set is called 'In the garden' There are a dozen stamps in the pack and the opportunity to build scenes are endless. For this card I first ran some white centura pearl card through the cuttle bug with a brick wall embossing folder and then inked it up with a 'fired brick' Distressing ink pad then Stamped the flower pots a few times onto some white card. I then stamped them onto post-it slips and then used them as masks to cover the flower pot images I then stamped some more over the first set to create the illusion of a row of pots. I then cut them out. I then stamped the watering can and the fat cat seperately and then decoupaged them on to the card. I coloured the image with pro marker pens but spectrum noirs will do a great job too.



When the topper was finished I matt and layered onto a spellbinders shape labels 17 cut from brown card and a slightly larger one in some distressed purple card and then put onto some cream card that had been distressed round the edges using a Dusty concorde distressing ink pad and then onto black card. This was all mounted onto a cream card blank and finished with some paper flowers, some ribbon, a bow and some pearls


Heres another creation for the J and C Creations Blog

Penny Black Flutter Bye Hegdehog Stamp

 
I used:
colouring pens or pencils
pink pattened paper
paper flowers
coloured embossing powders
paper doilie
silver mirror card
heat gun
plain brads
ladybird embellishments
Sentiment label
Here's a pretty wooden stamp from Penny Black called Flutter-bye its approx 3'' x 4'' in size and is very cute. I've stamped it onto white card stock with a black Tuxedo memento ink pad and then coloured in with my trusty pro-markers, but you could use any pens spectrum -noirs will do a fabulous job too.
when the colouring was done I cut and embossed with a classic scallop spellbinders die giving the edge a light dusting of a Tim holts fired brick distress ink pad
I always do this first and then match colours on the card to the image after.
when I have my stamped image finished, I then build my card around it . First I took a 15cm x 15cm card and covered it with a pink pattened paper.
I then cut another spellbinder shape, this time a picot edge circle out of orange card I matt and layered my image on this and these were then glued to my glittered doilie.

The doilie (I bought mine from sainsburys for about a pound in the cake section) is created by stamping a regular doilie with a versamark pad, and then dipping into a mix of stampendous halo glitter and thick embossing powder, and then melting with a heat gun till the glitter is set. This gives it a real sparkle.

The butterfly that sits on the hegdehogs nose is from the same stamp, but I've cut it out and decoupaged it onto his nose. In the orignal stamp it is flying just above...

I cut 4 corners from a marianne 'corners' die in silver mirror card and stuck one in each corner of the card then added some paper flowers and punched out leaves.

In the centre of each of the flowers there is a brad, these were made by dipping regular brads into a versamark pad and then into coloured embossing powders and melting with a heat gun. I did this several times until I had a thick coating on each one, I used some pointy nosed pliers to hold them as they get quiet hot when you are doing this. When they are cool you can put them through your flowers.

I added a sentiment and some wooden ladybird embellishments and the card was complete
hope you like it xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read all feedback and totally appreciate you taking to the time to leave comments , Thank you xx