Thursday 27 September 2012

Lets get festive..


Hi folks

 Time to seriously start thinking about the festive season and get crafting away on those special cards we will be sending out this year. Here's one from my spellbinders collections you may recognise some of the die cuts from previous cards.

The reindeer is part of the 'fanciful holidays set , this sits nicely on a two Persian motif dies cut in red and white and then on a fancy oval die. (spellbinders again) I kept the colours simple just red and black with a splash of silver and thinks this works well. I finished this off with a sentiment peel off and some holographic stars..

I will be entering some of these cards in  the Christmas Card weekly Challenge and Emmas Hints Anything goes Challenge wish me luck xx

The reindeer comes out every year and is an old favourite and so does the Tree stamp below




 
This stamp is humongous and fills a 7'' x 5'' card easily You could simply stamp it on a card blank and emboss it and job done!!! but I've never been very good at doing that as I believe 'more is more' so this card has been blinged up with some silver mirror foil snow flakes cut from some Marianne designs dies and decorated with some red 'ruby' gems from my crafty stash. The corners were punched out using one of my woodware corner punches before the card was assembled and then mounted onto some silver mirror card. My entry in the C.R.A.F.T Challenge

The village stamp is new from the 'Stampendous' range  and if i say so myself makes a lovely greetings card for Christmas. I really enjoyed making these cards and think there are more to be had from this stamp . Apart from the obvious of just stamping and colouring there is an opportunity to decoupage and paper piece too, these are a few ideas for the future to try.

These two below have just been stamped and decorated in a basic way with embellishments and a frame and then matt and layered onto co-ordinating coloured card There's glitterly 'snow' on the roof tops but Alas my camera didn't pick this up very well.


The card below was done with a light brown / beige colour ink pad and has a softer feel to it
also my entry to the Crafty mess Challenge hope they like it.


Just to show I can do simple if I have to,
 here's a card in with a different look

Simple but festive without the over the top bling element , I took my inspiration from a card made by Sue Wilson the Spellbinder Queen
 


My favourite of the bunch is this little card made from craft card , this medium has a 'old package/brown paper parcel 'feel to it and so I used a brown parcel label for the main topper and added the reindeer and sleigh which I cut using my Cricut machine. I try not to use this too much as I feel it takes away from the 'hand crafted' element when electric machines are involved, but in this case I didn't have a die I could use for the sleigh and the sentiment wouldn't have looked right unless it was cut from the same craft card.

10 comments:

  1. These are STUNNING!!! I LOVE all the created embellishments...I think the middle one is my favorite! Amazing creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards and the one for the Craftymess challenge is gorgeous. Love the image.

    Thanks for joining with us this time
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenges with your stunning projects...

    Good luck in the challenge

    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, they are all wonderful!!!!! I love the mix of kraft paper with the different colours! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a set of gorgeous cards - difficult to choose a favourite.
    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week. I hope we see you again soon.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, look at all these great cards, hopefully they'll bring some cooler temps, roasting out here in California. Love the bit of glitter on the 3rd one. Many thanks for joining us at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the lovely comments, they are very encouraging xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.
    Don't miss out on the regular freebies at Trimgym's Digistamps and Images and the current challenge there. Hope to see you there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.
    Don't miss out on the regular freebies at Trimgym's Digistamps and Images and the current challenge there. Hope to see you there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make beautiful cards and I really like the style and feel of your card for our challenge.

    Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with us at Craftymess.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read all feedback and totally appreciate you taking to the time to leave comments , Thank you xx